PHD CANDIDATE FOR THE PROJECT “CLAIMES”
Short description of the position/project:
Eurac Research invites applications for a PhD position in Ecological/Environmental Economics or Biology, for a period of 3 years. The PhD candidate will be based at Eurac Research (Bozen/Bolzano – Italy) and enrolled in the PhD program of the University of Innsbruck (leading project partner) or another opportune University.
We are looking for a communicative, curious and creative PhD candidate for a project with the title „Climate response of alpine lakes: resistance variability and management consequences for ecosystem services“ (https://www.uibk.ac.at/projects/claimes/). The overall project aim is to study how ongoing climate change affects the function of alpine lakes and in consequence the provision of ecosystem services (ES).
The project will be based on a participatory approach and its final objective is to develop policy advice to support future interventions to guarantee sustainable provision of ES of alpine lakes. The PhD candidate will work within an interdisciplinary team and be in strong collaboration with another PhD candidate and our project partners University of Innsbruck, ZAMG, BOKU and others.
The PhD candidate will deal with the evaluation of ESs of alpine lakes in two study regions (Northern Alps and Southern Alps). His/Her main tasks will be:
• to assess the relevance and importance of ESs for local society by organizing and moderating discussion and interest group meetings
• to weight perceptions of ESs by performing interviews with relevant stakeholders
• to evaluate current and future ES provision of alpine lakes by working with methods coming from ecological-economics (e.g. Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis)
• to process the outcomes into scientific articles
• to attend project meetings and relevant scientific conferences
• to collaborate with other project partners
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (CV, motivation letter and further relevant documents) by 30.04.2019 to the following address:
Viale Druso 1 – 39100 Bolzano
Tel: +39 0471 055 333 / Fax: + 39 0471 055 399
For further information please contact email@example.com.
Please add the following consent if it is of interest to you: “I hereby explicitly authorize Eurac Research to store my personal data for the purpose of being contacted for potential future job openings”.
• Master in Ecological/Environmental Economics, Biology, Geography or related sciences
• Experience in the field of Ecosystem Services as well as policy advice
• Communicative personality
• Fluent English and German language skills. Italian language skills are an advantage
• Willingness to travel mainly in and between South Tyrol, Trentino (both Italy) and Austria
• Starting date 01.07.2019
• Ability to work autonomously and in a team